Monday, August 30, 2010

The Love of My Life

I was asked to see more pictures so here they are! (I even included pictures from our engagement shoot) Our good friend Tina did both of these for us and I loved how they turned out :)

We got married on December 5th of 2009. I'm gonna include how we met even though it is kinda a long story. When I was about 14 years old I knew who Trey was and had thee biggest crush on him ever, because I had a friend whose older brother hung out with him..but I thought there was no way in hell he would ever talk to me, I mean come on I was just a baby then. When I turned 15 I started going to shows all the time. One day I was feeling really down because the boy that I liked at the time started dating a new girl and so my two best-friends were like we need to get you out of the house. We all ended up going to a show and I couldn't even bring myself to get ready so I wore a stupid t-shirt that didn't match anything else that I had on. When I got there I saw Trey and I was just stunned by how good looking he was. I was sitting down on a bench outside and he walked up and sat down next to me. He started making small talk with me but I was so nervous I was actually tongue tied for once. Eventually we ended our conversation and he said he would see me later but I left as quick as I could because I was so scared of him. A week or so went by and I got up the courage to add him on myspace (so lame I know) and we started messaging each other a lot and he told me that he had been thinking about that night and that he had wished he would have gotten my number. Only at the time, for some reason I didn't have a cell phone. I didn't even want one so when I told him that, he thought I was totally not interested and lying because what 15 year old doesn't have a cell phone. About another week went by and my my girl friend Taylor asked me if I would go on a double date with her and a guy she had only been talking to for a little bit. I was totally not interested because I had this fear that a blind date would always end tragically and I would have the worst night ever. She finally begged me for so long that I said yes. The day of the date came around and I walked outside of her house and when I turned the corner I saw Trey get out of the car!!! Of all people I wasn't expecting it to be him. Neither one of us had any idea that our friends were talking. That night we went to get Hawaiian ice and walk along the river and I spent the night with him later ;) (I was so bad.) From then on we literally hung out everyday after. We definitely had our ups and downs and we suffered through many 3 day breakups but now we have both grown up so much and we are so close. He is my best-friend ever and I honestly don't know what I would do without him. I love you Douglas Russell. I can't wait to start a family with you.












5 comments:

  1. Arrrgh! So so precious! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you posted more pictures, beautiful girl.
    I love the story! How perfect that HE was your double blind date. :]
    Love it!!

    In love with all of your beautiful sweet pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are SO cute :)
    Isn't it such a bummer when you have to include myspace in your "love story" ? I have it in mine too. haha. I feel so dumb. darn our generation with our myspace and our facebook. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your story and those photos are beautiful. i love love love the photos in the forest/leaves...favourite!! you're so adorable.

    ReplyDelete