Thursday, September 9, 2010

Watching Trains

Trey and I stayed up late last night watching a very good movie called City Island. I enjoyed it very much. Then when we woke up we went to the park behind our house that has a lookout over the train yard here in Cincinnati. I had never been up there but I really enjoyed it.

My parents recently divorced so I am still getting used to having to plan dates to see each of them because they aren't together at the same house and I can't just swing by and see everyone at one time. So thursdays are date days with my dad. Last thursday we had dinner and then saw a movie together, and today we went to dinner and then went for a drive through the country and got ice cream and stopped at one of my favorite antique stores. I had a lovely day.





This dress isn't something I would normally be attracted to at first glance but when I was shopping with my mom and found it I felt like I should try it on. Its really stretchy and fit me so well I had to get it and I love it now.
I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open so I'm going to get some sleep since I work in the morning, boo.

Goodnight everyone! And thank you so much for your kind words on my last post. I'm feeling a lot better about all of it. You are each such wonderful girls and I'm glad to have met you through the blogging world.

7 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous dress...it looks lovely on you! Cute shoes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) I love Dad-dates lol. Me and my Dad hang out in the garden or go to the garden centre or something equally strange lol. Me and My Mum do sewing and craft stuff which my Dad hates lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all lucky to have met you through blogging as well! :)

    You look absolutely gorgeous, by the way. (And PS: I love trains. :) )

    Hope work was... fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like finding out that your parents are divorcing has a big thing to do with your feelings and insecurities about your relationship. you are probably just seeing a lot of negativity there or thinking about divorce more and maybe that's why you were feeling that way.

    sounds like you had a nice day with your dad! that is a very cute dress :) i wish i could see my parents every week, i usually see them once a month as they live about an hour from where i am now.

    where do you work?

    ps: i'm sleepy too. nap time for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The divorce has been going on for a while now. I don't feel insecure about our marriage at all. I was just saying that I'm tired of girls overstepping their boundaries and crossing the line with married men. I work at a little coffee shop about 20 minutes from my house outside of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, hey Kate! Your little place here is so super-cute. Just so you know.
    I really love that you're 19 and married. How cool is that! And this dress looks great on you :)

    I hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuuuute blog!
    You have a new follower :)
    xo, Jamie

    ReplyDelete