Monday, February 21, 2011

One Step at a Time

I am back from Asheville, North Carolina but I'm going to do a separate post about my trip, which was so much fun!

I am going through a big change right now. I know in my post about the new year I said that I was trying to give up eating meat. January and Febuary were a struggle for me. I would go weeks without eating it and then I would fall short of my commitment. I really want to give up meat because I hate the way it makes me feel. I feel so heavy and gross afterward, and on top of that my stomach is so sensitive that typically if I eat meat that is even slightly greasy I get sick. SO, I'm not doing anymore and I think that blogging my meals and how I'm doing with the change will really help me.


Today I also got the book Skinny Bitch today. So far it has made me feel terrible about the way that I was eating before. And it is so helpful. I gained alot of weight last year when I got married and was planning the wedding. I was constantly stress eating and I was just very comfortable with Trey and started letting myself go. This is my way of getting back to my old healthy size that I felt good about.

Any who I just wanted to share where I was at with it and start posting more about this journey that I am on! Today at panera I had a salad and vegetarian soup. It was so delicious.

6 comments:

  1. Good effort. :) I probably should do something like this but it would just scare me how much junk I eat - Then again maybe that's the point :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a stress eater too! I know what that's like and have been going through the same thing. I read skinny bitch a few years ago. It was definitely an interesting book... I liked "french women don't get fat" much more. You chould check out that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovelovelove your nail polish lady! can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, that's awesome for you! my friend read skinny bitch and it changed her life. i've always thought of being vegetarian, but my will-power is not very strong. best of luck to you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know what you are saying about eating meat. i gave it up when i was 11 (now 20) because it made me feel so, so sick. being a vegetarian is complicated at times, but doable.

    ReplyDelete