Saturday, January 23, 2010

This is the sound of settling


I've almost been in Australia for a month. And things are pretty much going exactly how I thought that they would. Everyone knows my husband and NO one knows me..So when they don't know my name they call me 'Treys wife' which I could do without. Adjusting to the heat is something else..I am melting and with no air con in the house I am dying. Enough complaining though its helping Trey and I grow stronger in our marriage and talk things out a lot more. I have met a new friend here that I can tell will be around a long time. As for the ywam base its overwhelming. I've never been in an environment where prayer is used for everything but its amazing how much it works. (God is really moving here)

Trey and I were having issues so when we made time for each other to just have alone time one of the other boys living here on base gave us $50 just to bless us because he was praying and thats what he was told to do. I haven't even mentioned everything everyone gave to us the first week. (A tv, dvd player, wash cloths and towels, a hair straighter.) Upon coming here and figuring out that their wattage system is way different than ours I went to blow dry my hair and flames blew out the end.

Also I forgot to mention that we got our work duties and mine is in the kitchen. Which is so awesome because for the longest time I wanted my own bakery and now every time we have a desert to make its my job.

I haven't laughed like I used to in a long time, I wonder when I will again.




2 comments:

  1. I have that too! I am married to the church youth worker and I am nearly always "his wife" rather than Han (or my multiply nicknames lol)

    I refuse to go to certain meetings because all I'm known as is his wife but it does get better, cherish the friends who realise that you are a person in your own right :)

    Also my friend Cazz is the pastor's wife but she really hates it (being refered to as "the pastors wife" rather than actually being the pastors wife lol) so she does everything she can not to fit the stereotype and the mould - including wearing sparkly blue high heels to lead worship - that was quite funny!

    ReplyDelete