Monday, July 25, 2011

Change is in the Air

Today I was thinking about my daily routine. It made me really sad.
On days when I work it goes something like this.
5:00 am- Wake up, get to work by 6:30. I rarely get ready. I just wash my hair and leave.
1:00 pm- I'm off for the day, I usually won't have many plans so I go home to my messy house watch desperate housewives and wait for Trey to get home. I haven't been keeping the house clean or making dinner for my husband that works so hard.
Usually he gets home and we go out with friends and I'm not in bed until like 1:30.

So heres how I would like to change things.
I want to wake up early enough to get ready for work and look presentable. When I get off of work I want to start running through the neighborhood I live in. It is gorgeous there and it is a shame that I don't spend more time exploring it.

I want to start keeping my house clean for my husband. (We both are such HUGE mess makers.) And I want to start cooking dinners for Trey that I put love and time into. I want to start being more of a housewife for him. I just need some more time for ME. I want to start focusing on OUR health as a couple.


I just wanted to share a picture of my most prized possession, ICKARUS! He is getting so big. Yesterday I was playing around and put this t-shirt on him and he liked it haha. The most bizarre pet.

What do you like to do for your own special 'Me' time?

2 comments:

  1. change is great! i think it's awesome that you want to do these things; they're great goals! can't wait to see your progress! :)

    xx elanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like me. i always wish the same thing, keep the house clean, look better when i leave the house and cook a meal that takes longer than an hour... but alas i've been saying "tomorrow is the day i start running" for 9 months now and i can't seem to get my butt in gear. i truly hope you stick to it because maybe hearing about someone in the same situation as me will give me motivation!!

    ReplyDelete